Strawberry-Vanilla Chia Seed Pudding
High in protein and full of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids, chia seeds are a deliciously healthy way to make a mouthwatering pudding.
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-4 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 5/8 cups chia seeds (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 3 cups fresh berries
- 1 tablespoon honey maple syrup can be substituted
- Marinate berries in honey or maple syrup.
- In a bowl, combine vanilla extract, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
- Add in the chia seeds and stir until seeds are incorporated. Make sure to stir it well, so that none of the chia seeds are sticking together. This ensures they’re all able to absorb the liquid and create a pudding-like consistency.
- Whisk in the unsweetened almond milk.
- Let sit for an hour or in the refrigerator overnight.
- Mixture will thicken substantially. Soaking time is vital for the end product!
- After chia has sat stir well and top with fresh strawberries.