Coconut Whipped Cream
Here's how to make dairy-free whipped cream with a can of coconut milk! Keeps for several days. Great for topping vegan desserts.
- 1 15-ounce can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- Maple syrup to taste, optional
- Refrigerate the coconut milk overnight.
- Open the cans of chilled coconut milk and scoop out the coconut cream. Do not scoop any of the liquidy coconut water.
- Place the coconut cream in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat on low for 5 to 10 minutes or until the big chunks of coconut cream start to break down into small pieces.
- Increase speed to medium and continue whipping. Scrape down the sides of the bowl from time to time. If liquid starts to separate from the coconut cream, drain it off.
- Once the coconut cream starts to look smooth and uniform , increase the speed to medium high and beat until soft peaks form. Add vanilla extract and sweetener, if using, and beat until just combined.
Store the coconut whipped cream for up to 2 days in the fridge. Remove from fridge at least 30 minutes before serving.