Cashew Sour Cream
This dairy-free cashew sour cream is the perfect creamy, tangy complement to chips or Mexican dishes.
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews
- ¾ cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Soak cashews overnight, if you can’t soak cashews overnight, cover cashews with boiling water and soak for 1 hour.
- Pour off all soaking water and drain cashews.
- In a blender, combine soaked cashews with water, lemon, vinegar, and salt.
- Blend for about 3 minutes until to desired consistently, scraping down sides of blender if needed.
It will keep for a week in the refrigerator and can be frozen if needed.